The Franklin County Sheriff's office has one man believed to be involved in a residential burglary in custody.
Deputies responded to call of suspicious circumstances at a residence near Highway 17 and Paradise Road around 7 a.m.
A witness reported noticing two strange men at a home and decided to check it out.
When the witness tried to contact the men they fled in a vehicle then abandoned that and fled on foot in a corn field.
When deputies arrived they learned that the residence has been forcibly burglarized.
Hours later deputies found and arrested Ernesto Garduno-Garcia.
Garduno matched the description of one of the two men and was in possession of property taken from the residence.
Garduno was booked into the Franklin County Jail.
Deputies seized the suspected vehicle which is suspected to contain more stolen property.
Deputies are still trying to locate the second suspect.
Garduno-Garcia was charged with Residential Burglary and Possessing Stolen Property.
The Adams County Sheriff’s Office also plans on charging him with possession of a controlled substance.
- Walla Walla High School Rifle Team Captain Commits to Naval Academy
- Influx in car prowlers hits Tri-Cities
- Yakima City officials speak out in response to recent shooting death
- Scammers use fake Go Fund Me accounts to steal donated money
- Yakima residents concerned about violence after recent shootings
- Deputy revives man lying on sidewalk with no pulse