Nearly two hundred people attend a candlelight vigil Friday night at John Dam Plaza in Richland held in honor of the memory of Monique Williams, who was killed in an act of domestic violence homicide by her ex-boyfriend Aaron Newport last weekend.
Williams, who was a nurse at Kadlec Regional Medical Center, was praised as a good friend, a good nurse, and as someone who could always make her friends and family laugh.
Many on hand wore purple ribbons, symbolic of the fight against domestic violence.
- 2 injured in early morning accident
- Whirlpool: Hotpoint fridge owners should check units after London fire
- Police looking for shoplifters
- Demands to Qatar: Close Al Jazeera, reduce Iran ties
- The Latest: Apartment surveillance video shows no intruder in Seattle fatal shooting
- Total solar eclipse casts spotlight on rural Oregon town