Nearly two hundred people attend a candlelight vigil Friday night at John Dam Plaza in Richland held in honor of the memory of Monique Williams, who was killed in an act of domestic violence homicide by her ex-boyfriend Aaron Newport last weekend.
Williams, who was a nurse at Kadlec Regional Medical Center, was praised as a good friend, a good nurse, and as someone who could always make her friends and family laugh.
Many on hand wore purple ribbons, symbolic of the fight against domestic violence.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds