A driver is seriously injured after slamming into a semi.
It happened around 7PM last night at the intersection of State Route 97 and Fort Road in Toppenish.
According to the Washington State Patrol, Alfredo Larios failed to stop at a red light and struck a semi that was turning. Larios was transported to Yakima Memorial Hospital, then lifeflighted to Harborview Medical Center. The semi driver was not injured.
Charges are pending.
- Man in custody following Benton County standoff
- Crews start project to connect people to Columbia Park Trail in South Richland
- Local Marine runs ultra-marathon 8 months after being in a coma
- Controversial Prosser librarian speaks out on immigration at local town hall
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance