Former Tri-City Americans goalie Carey Price is headed to Sochi to compete in the Winter Olympics as one of three goalies on the Canadian men's hockey team.
So far this year Price has won twenty of the thirty-five games he has played for the Montreal Canadiens, and has a goals against average of 2.22 and a save percentage of .928. Carey also has tweo shutouts this year.
This will be his first Olympics. Former Ams and now current team co-owner Olie Kolzig represented Germany in a pair of Olympics.
Ironically, the Canadian women's team also features a former Tri-City Americans goalie. Shannon Szabados spent some time with the team during the exhibition season in 2002, becoming the first woman to play in the Western Hockey League as she appeared in four exhibition games. One of the goalies she split time with in one of those exhibitions? Carey Price.
- New cannabis shop sparks concern in West Richland community
- Benton County deputies seize $1.6 million of marijuana
- 1 dead after semi vs. train collision near I-82
- Patients react to Walla Walla General Hospital closure announcement
- Landscaping product business burglarized by two masked men
- Yakima council will revisit public safety ordinance