Yakima Mayor Micah Cawley plans to throw his hat in the race for Yakima County Auditor.
He will make his formal announcement tomorrow at 10 a.m. at the Yakima County Courthouse.
In a statement he issued today, Cawley says, if elected, he plans to focus on increasing voter registration and turnout.
Cawley will be running against Stete Rep. Charles Ross (R-Naches) who announced last week he will not seek a fifth term in order to run for Yakima County Auditor.
Current Yakima County Auditor Corky Mattingly Holloway has announced plans to retire.
- Walla Walla High School Rifle Team Captain Commits to Naval Academy
- Influx in car prowlers hits Tri-Cities
- Yakima City officials speak out in response to recent shooting death
- Scammers use fake Go Fund Me accounts to steal donated money
- Yakima residents concerned about violence after recent shootings
- Deputy revives man lying on sidewalk with no pulse