Yakima authorities are praising a good samaritan for aiding in the rescue of a man who had driven into the Yakima River.
It happened yesterday evening near the 1700 block of Donald Wapato Road in Wapato. Art Gonzalez of Sunnyside spotted a partially submerged vehicle and a man stuck inside. He called police and remained on scene while the Swiftwater Rescue team was activated. Using ropes, rafts, and life jackets, crews were able to reach Facondo Nicholas Hernandez. He was treated for hypothermia.
Another person inside the vehicle escaped and made it to shore.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities