The Yakima City Council votes against a proposal to ban eCigarrettes within city limits.
The council voted 4-3 to reject a proposal that would ban the devices from the same areas cigarettes are banned -- such as schools and restaurants.
The city also decided to hold off on cutting any bus routes before other financial options are discussed.
Council members were asked by public works to eliminate Sunday service and the Yakima/Ellensburg commuter bus entirely, in order to make up for lack of state funding.
- Airman from Umatilla dies in Syria
- Control your work email to regain control of your life
- Suspects on the loose after home invasion
- Lululemon nosedives 21%: Its spring leggings are boring
- Man in custody following Benton County standoff
- Crews start project to connect people to Columbia Park Trail in South Richland