The Yakima City Council votes against a proposal to ban eCigarrettes within city limits.
The council voted 4-3 to reject a proposal that would ban the devices from the same areas cigarettes are banned -- such as schools and restaurants.
The city also decided to hold off on cutting any bus routes before other financial options are discussed.
Council members were asked by public works to eliminate Sunday service and the Yakima/Ellensburg commuter bus entirely, in order to make up for lack of state funding.
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater
- Arizona prosecutor wants jail time for Vikings WR Floyd
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect
- Medical supply company files for bankruptcy after 70 years of business
- New study of Seattle's $15 minimum wage says it costs jobs
- Alaska Air offers charter flight for solar eclipse viewing