The Richland city council finalized the zoning for a new neighborhood in an area near the Amon Creek preserve.
Last night the council voted 5-1 to make way for the Clearwater Creek housing development.
The council also approved the subdivision's preliminary plat.
Even though the neighborhood has the green light the council hasn't made a decision about extending Rachel road through the preserve to the subdivision.
The council will most likely bring up the topic of the road extension at a metting on June 17th.
- Two police officers promoted in ceremony in West Richland
- Uber driver waits for Pasco city approval
- UPDATE: Community debates Prosser SD staff's actions
- Yakima city leaders still working on an "inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Resident's worried but not shocked as police continue to investigate alleged assault on Greenway
- Winter recreation continues, but Sno-Parks are reducing services