The Richland city council finalized the zoning for a new neighborhood in an area near the Amon Creek preserve.
Last night the council voted 5-1 to make way for the Clearwater Creek housing development.
The council also approved the subdivision's preliminary plat.
Even though the neighborhood has the green light the council hasn't made a decision about extending Rachel road through the preserve to the subdivision.
The council will most likely bring up the topic of the road extension at a metting on June 17th.
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor
- Petition against cannabis shop gains traction
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified