Pasco Police Officer Zach Fairley failed to inform the city of Pasco that he had accepted a job with the Red Cross.
Fairley was still on paid administrative leave with the City of Pasco while he faces criminal charges.
Pasco Police Chief Bob Metzger said failing to inform the city of his new job is a violation of city policy and they are looking into the situation.
Metzger said the investigation should be complete by the end of the week.
After contacting the Red Cross regarding hiring Fairley they sent us this statement, "The American Red Cross Pacific Northwest Blood Services Region is conducting an internal investigation regarding a staff member's employment. The employee has been put on paid administrative leave until the investigation is complete."
- Semi-rollover closes Vantage Bridge
- Former WSU student sentenced to 12 years for drugs
- Toppenish school employee leaves handgun in bathroom
- Seattle police officer, Yakima native released after being shot in face
- Man arrested on suspicion of terror offenses near UK Parliament
- Local teacher helps his students take flight