The City of Richland will delay opening its offices and most facilities until 10 a.m. on Friday, March 14 so that employees may attend an annual appreciation meeting. Richland city hall, administrative annex, planning and development services, fire and police offices, human resources, shops facilities, and water and wastewater treatment plants are affected.
Police, fire and emergency services personnel will respond to emergency calls received through 911. Richland’s landfill and the community center will open at their regular 8 a.m. time. The library will open on its regular schedule of 9:30 a.m.
The event honors all employees for their work efforts during 2013 and recognizes 93 employees who reached milestone anniversaries last year. Collectively, the 93 honorees have worked 1,175 years for the City of Richland and its citizens.
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself
- West Richland residents hold petition signing against new cannabis shop