A Cle Elum woman has been airlifted to a Seattle hospital following a collision this morning along Interstate 82 in Yakima.
Troopers say 62-year-old Penelope Woodell was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center after the semi she was riding in struck the median cable barrier, crossed back to the shoulder and rolled down an embankment.
The driver of the semi, 58-year-old John Woodell of Cle Elum was not injured.
Troopers say drugs or alcohol were not a factor, but that inattention was the cause of the accident.
- Displaced and desperate: 'I will never go back to Marawi'
- Neighboring houses catch fire in Pasco
- Woman's body found on park trail in Everett
- Store clerks and customers disarm robber, hold suspect down until police arrive
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima