Local cities want to remind us that home owners and businesses are responsible for clearing the sidewalks of snow and ice.
The piles of snow cannot block traffic and home owners can be reliable if someone is hurt or injured because of it.
There are no specific rules on how high the snow can be shoveled but city officials hope people will rely on common sense.
People are also responsible for clearing the snow plowed by cities that ends up on the sidewalk.
Local cities say they haven't had many issues as a result of responsible members of the community.
- Turkey blocks Wikipedia over what it calls terror 'smear campaign'
- Rattlesnakes come out of hibernation in the Tri-Cities
- Community members spread messages of acceptance outside of Prosser school
- Community scared after recent violence in Yakima
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties