Washington State Patrol is reminding people to always wear their seatbelts when on the road.
Patrols in Kittitas, Douglas, Grant and other counties increased patrols during the month of March and handed out 220 tickets to those not wearing their seatbelts.
Troopers also say there were no fatal accidents involving unrestrained motorists.
Those who are caught not wearing a seatbelt can be tagged with a $124 ticket.
- Swedish hostage released after 6 years
- New non-profit Service Peace Warriors trains service dogs for veterans
- Local business owner helping maintain Yakima's landmark sign
- Residents lose everything in apartment fire over the weekend
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River