YAKIMA COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE NEWS RELEASE -- On June 14th 2014 at approximately 1844 Hrs. the Yakima County Sheriff’s responded with Naches Fire, Yakima Training Center Fire along with Yakima Training Center Technical Rescue and the Yakima Fire Department to approximately mile post 182 of U.S. Hwy 12 for an injured rock climber.
The climber, a 29 year old male from Bellingham, Wa. was climbing the face of a cliff when his anchor that he had set pulled out of the rock, causing him to fall approximtely 60 feet.
With the efforts of the above agencies and Life Flight, the rescue teams were able to hike out, recover him and fly him via helicopter to Yakima Regional Hospital within a couple of hours.
When he had fallen, he was wearing safety equipment and a helmet.
He is expected to recover from his injuries.
- Home Builders Association warns flood victims of scams and provides tips
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park