Closing arguments will be heard next month in a sex abuse case against the Yakima diocese.
Defense for the diocese concluded arguments this week -- a man, identified as "John Doe" says he was raped by former deacon, Aaron Ramirez, in 1999.
Doe's attorneys say the church was negligent in monitoring Ramirez.
Doe is seeking more than $3 million in damages.
- Turkey blocks Wikipedia over what it calls terror 'smear campaign'
- Rattlesnakes come out of hibernation in the Tri-Cities
- Community members spread messages of acceptance outside of Prosser school
- Community scared after recent violence in Yakima
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties