Closing arguments begin today in a sex abuse case against the Yakima Diocese.
A man, identified as "John Doe" is suing the church, alleging he was raped by former deacon, Aaron Ramirez, in 1999.
Doe's attorneys say the church was negligent in monitoring Ramirez -- Doe was 17 at the time of the incident.
Doe is seeking more than $3 million in damages.
- Westinghouse Electric to file for bankruptcy
- Bodies of 2 UN experts found in Democratic Republic of Congo
- Richland former Gonzaga player to see team make history
- Inmate populations in Yakima County climbing fast
- Home improvement scams on the rise this Spring
- Two police officers promoted in ceremony in West Richland