Closing arguments begin today in a sex abuse case against the Yakima Diocese.
A man, identified as "John Doe" is suing the church, alleging he was raped by former deacon, Aaron Ramirez, in 1999.
Doe's attorneys say the church was negligent in monitoring Ramirez -- Doe was 17 at the time of the incident.
Doe is seeking more than $3 million in damages.
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself
- West Richland residents hold petition signing against new cannabis shop