The College Place City Council will hold an open forum in tonight's meeting to discuss the process of replacing the late mayor.
After serving for five years, Richard Newby died at the age of 54 in his home on March 10th.
The council has 90 days from the day he died to appoint a new mayor, meaning there's less than two months left.
City Administrator Patrick Reay will run day-to-day operations for now until a new mayor is appointed to serve until the next general election, in November 2015.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds