The College Place City Council will hold an open forum in tonight's meeting to discuss the process of replacing the late mayor.
After serving for five years, Richard Newby died at the age of 54 in his home on March 10th.
The council has 90 days from the day he died to appoint a new mayor, meaning there's less than two months left.
City Administrator Patrick Reay will run day-to-day operations for now until a new mayor is appointed to serve until the next general election, in November 2015.
- Judge orders Exxon to hand over climate change documents
- KSD votes 3-2 to keep speaker Brad Henning
- American Cancer Society concerned with new health care legislation
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees