The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office in Colorado released up close body cam footage of an officer involved shooting from Friday, May 12.
Deputy Proulx was responding to a vehicle that appeared to be in need of assistance. Deyon Marcus Rivas-Maestas, 25, emerged from his vehicle with a weapon. The deputy shot the suspect and he immediately went to the ground.
WARNING: THE FOOTAGE COULD BE CONSIDERED GRAPHIC AND DISTURBING TO SOME
Deputies arrived on scene and gave emergency aid to the suspect. The suspect was transferred to a local hospital where he was treated and released into the Douglas County Detention Center’s custody.
On May 17, the sheriff’s office released the body cam footage at a press conference.
“The result of this shooting is a testament to the training each of our deputies are provided,” Sheriff Tony Spurlock said, “This just shows how necessary it is for deputies to be able to make split-second decisions, not only for their own protection but for the protection of the community.”
- Human remains found in Milton-Freewater fire
- Tri-Cities steps up to help rescue dog with severed spine
- Kidnapping murder suspect appears in court
- Deputies, Crime Stoppers look to arrest alien charged with attempted murder
- Trump, Congress punt again on critical Obamacare subsidies
- Woman choked in Columbia Park, police seek suspect and witnesses