President-elect Donald Trump has chosen Washington Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers to lead the Department of the Interior, but at least one group is critical of the nomination.
The Center for Western Priorities released a statement saying President-elect Trump told America he wants to follow in Teddy Roosevelt’s footsteps by conserving America’s parks and public lands.
Executive Director Jennifer Rokala said unfortunately Rep Cathy McMorris Rodgers has shown little interest in the issues she would encounter on a daily basis as Secretary of the Interior.
Rokala said if Cathy McMorris Rodgers is confirmed, “we hope she takes her new boss’s words seriously and follows in the conservation tradition of Teddy Roosevelt, not the robber barons who would have drilled, mined, and clear-cut their way across the West a century ago.”
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds
- Upgrade your posters for a fresh look