President-elect Donald Trump has chosen Washington Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers to lead the Department of the Interior, but at least one group is critical of the nomination.
The Center for Western Priorities released a statement saying President-elect Trump told America he wants to follow in Teddy Roosevelt’s footsteps by conserving America’s parks and public lands.
Executive Director Jennifer Rokala said unfortunately Rep Cathy McMorris Rodgers has shown little interest in the issues she would encounter on a daily basis as Secretary of the Interior.
Rokala said if Cathy McMorris Rodgers is confirmed, “we hope she takes her new boss’s words seriously and follows in the conservation tradition of Teddy Roosevelt, not the robber barons who would have drilled, mined, and clear-cut their way across the West a century ago.”
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location