Washington Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers (WA-05) has been named vice chair of president-elect Donald Trump's transition team.
McMorris Rodgers released this statement Tuesday afternoon:
"I’m honored to serve as a Vice Chair of President-elect Trump’s Transition Team. The American people sent a message with this election: it is time to shake up the status quo. I’m proud to work alongside Donald Trump and Mike Pence as they lead the fight to restore the people’s voice in our government.”
McMorris Rodgers is chair of the House Republican Conference and is the highest-ranking Republican woman in Congress.
- Energy Northwest awarded for commitment to hiring veterans
- Richland council accepting Code Enforcement Board applications
- Absent budget deal, Washington prepares for a shutdown
- 3 jailed on suspicion of graffiting vehicles
- Officials nab serial credit card fraud suspect
- Woman in jail after stabbing boyfriend in gentials