Cougar spirit was in full view this morning, as a 90 foot crane placed the control room for the EnergySolutions Engineering Laboratory's tower, complete with a Cougar logo.
The 30 ton control room was carefully placed onto its new home just after 8AM this morning near the WSU Tri Cities campus. The tower will be welded into place throughout the day. The crimson WSU logo on the control room will become a beacon at night, lighting up due to LED lights around it.
The control room will be a key component of a major U.S. Department of Energy testing progrom, conducted by Bechtel National, starting this Summer.
- Seattle plant failure dumps millions of gallons of sewage
- Colorado weighs strategy for guarding against pot crackdown
- Washington, Oregon governors vow to fight Trump on environmental laws
- Wolves kill chickens and a goose in Eastern Oregon
- Headless body found in Snake River in Eastern Washington state
- Gonzaga Bulldogs advance to first ever final four game