Cougar spirit was in full view this morning, as a 90 foot crane placed the control room for the EnergySolutions Engineering Laboratory's tower, complete with a Cougar logo.
The 30 ton control room was carefully placed onto its new home just after 8AM this morning near the WSU Tri Cities campus. The tower will be welded into place throughout the day. The crimson WSU logo on the control room will become a beacon at night, lighting up due to LED lights around it.
The control room will be a key component of a major U.S. Department of Energy testing progrom, conducted by Bechtel National, starting this Summer.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location