Today in Franklin County Superior Court, 31-year-old Devonn Kinsey was sentenced to a maximum term of 60 months following last week's jury trial conviction.
Charges stem from December 2012 when Kinsey threatened to kill a Pasco Police Officer telling the officer he would see the officer in the street while simulating the sound of gunshots. He then told the officer to look up his criminal history that he was "not someone to mess with."
Kinsey is a known gang member with assaultitive criminal history placing the officer in reasonable fear that the threats would be carried out.
Judge Salvador Mendoza Jr. imposed the maximum sentence of 60 months.
Kinsey is appealing his case but Judge Mendoza Jr. declined to grant an order staying sentence pending appeal.
- Man charged with felony assault over missing cigarette
- Woman wanted by authorities for escape from community custody
- Kennewick police arrest 3 in connection to graffiti amid recent uptick
- The Cash Cow Catch 22
- TSA agent pleads guilty to voyeurism charge
- Drivers have until March 31 to remove studded tires