A convicted murderer is back in Yakima County Superior court today.
Convicted murderer Salvador Nava makes an appearance after prosecutors appeal to have his sentence increased.
Nava was initially sentenced 43 years for gunning down a rival gang member in 2001 -- police caught nava along the Mexico border in 2008.
Nava is scheduled to be resentenced at the end of next month -- a judge will determine how long his sentence will be.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location