The Grant County Coroner's office says the bones found yesterday on the banks of the Columbia River near Cresent Bar are non-forensic and are of archeological nature.
After a day-long investigation and as required by law, the remains were released to the Department of Archeology and Historic Preservation.
The bones were found by a citizen walking along the river.
Due to the drawdown of the river to relieve pressure on the Wanapum Dam, many areas upstream which are typically underwater are now exposed. The discovery of the bones was in such an area.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds