The Yakima County Coroner says a bullet wound the chest caused the death of 42 year old Ira Arquette last Friday.
Arquette was shot by a tribal police officer after leading police on a chase into Toppenish.
Deputies say Arquette opened fire on police before gunshots were returned.
The Yakima County Coroner says toxicology tests have been submitted to the state testing lab, but will take at least a month to process.
- Swedish hostage released after 6 years
- New non-profit Service Peace Warriors trains service dogs for veterans
- Local business owner helping maintain Yakima's landmark sign
- Residents lose everything in apartment fire over the weekend
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River