The Yakima County Coroner says a bullet wound the chest caused the death of 42 year old Ira Arquette last Friday.
Arquette was shot by a tribal police officer after leading police on a chase into Toppenish.
Deputies say Arquette opened fire on police before gunshots were returned.
The Yakima County Coroner says toxicology tests have been submitted to the state testing lab, but will take at least a month to process.
- Two police officers promoted in ceremony in West Richland
- Uber driver waits for Pasco city approval
- UPDATE: Community debates Prosser SD staff's actions
- Yakima city leaders still working on an "inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Resident's worried but not shocked as police continue to investigate alleged assault on Greenway
- Winter recreation continues, but Sno-Parks are reducing services