Due to more exact mapping measures fire officials say that the number of acres believed to have burned is down from yesterday to 8,942 acres.
The fire is now 80 percent contained and crews are now doing mop up control to take care of any problem areas from the land that has already burned.
They will be releasing most of the crew today and transitioning to a smaller team to complete containment.
The temporary flight restriction put in place to free the air for helicopters and planes fighting the fire has been lifted from the area directly above the burn site.
- Dash cam footage from DUI arrest of Yakima City Councilwoman Carmen Mendez
- Walla Walla High School Rifle Team Captain Commits to Naval Academy
- Influx in car prowlers hits Tri-Cities
- Yakima City officials speak out in response to recent shooting death
- Scammers use fake Go Fund Me accounts to steal donated money
- Yakima residents concerned about violence after recent shootings