Coyote Ridge Corrections Center is currently on restricted movement following a multiple-offender fight that occurred this past Saturday in the recreation yard of the medium-security facility. Visitation has been cancelled since the incident.
Staff immediately intervened to break up the fight. No staff members were injured. One offender was treated off-site for a head injury and has returned to the facility. Three other offenders were treated on-site for superficial lacerations. The facility remains on restricted movement while staff investigates the incident. Local law enforcement also were notified.
Coyote Ridge Corrections Center houses more than 2,400 offenders in medium, minimum and long-term minimum security units.
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape