Coyote Ridge Corrections Center is currently on restricted movement following a multiple-offender fight that occurred this past Saturday in the recreation yard of the medium-security facility. Visitation has been cancelled since the incident.
Staff immediately intervened to break up the fight. No staff members were injured. One offender was treated off-site for a head injury and has returned to the facility. Three other offenders were treated on-site for superficial lacerations. The facility remains on restricted movement while staff investigates the incident. Local law enforcement also were notified.
Coyote Ridge Corrections Center houses more than 2,400 offenders in medium, minimum and long-term minimum security units.
- Displaced and desperate: 'I will never go back to Marawi'
- Neighboring houses catch fire in Pasco
- Woman's body found on park trail in Everett
- Store clerks and customers disarm robber, hold suspect down until police arrive
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima