EPHRATA, Wash. (AP) -- The Grant County PUD has decided to draw down the water level behind the Wanapum Dam after divers found a crack in a spillway pillar.
Utility spokesman Thomas Stredwick told iFIBER One News the water level was lowered to reduce pressure.
He says the dam on the Columbia River south of Vantage is stable but may not produce as much electricity.
The PUD is working with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to determine how best to repair the cracked pillar.
- Pasco Police searching for man involved in active case
- Ford to invest $1.2 billion in Michigan plants
- Amazon buys Souq in big play for Middle East market
- Daily Mail's 'Legsit' headline slammed for sexism
- Complaints continue against Prosser School District staff
- Yakima police investigating alleged assault on the Greenway