EPHRATA, Wash. (AP) -- The Grant County PUD has decided to draw down the water level behind the Wanapum Dam after divers found a crack in a spillway pillar.
Utility spokesman Thomas Stredwick told iFIBER One News the water level was lowered to reduce pressure.
He says the dam on the Columbia River south of Vantage is stable but may not produce as much electricity.
The PUD is working with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to determine how best to repair the cracked pillar.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities