Updated: Crews in Kittitas County are finishing containment on a 1,996 acre fire.
Department of Natural Resources crews say four helicopters and local fire crews from around the county are working to contain the fire about 5 miles south of Ellensburg.
Parts of I-82 were closed for several hours, but reopened just after 9 p.m.
The fire is 80 percent contained, DNR believes it will be 100 percent contained by days end.
Twelve power poles were burned leaving two businesses and a ranch without power. Power crews are working to restore their electricity.
Cell phone towers and television antennas on top of a ridge near the burn went unharmed.
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape