Updated: Crews in Kittitas County are finishing containment on a 1,996 acre fire.
Department of Natural Resources crews say four helicopters and local fire crews from around the county are working to contain the fire about 5 miles south of Ellensburg.
Parts of I-82 were closed for several hours, but reopened just after 9 p.m.
The fire is 80 percent contained, DNR believes it will be 100 percent contained by days end.
Twelve power poles were burned leaving two businesses and a ranch without power. Power crews are working to restore their electricity.
Cell phone towers and television antennas on top of a ridge near the burn went unharmed.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome