Updated: Crews in Kittitas County are finishing containment on a 1,996 acre fire.
Department of Natural Resources crews say four helicopters and local fire crews from around the county are working to contain the fire about 5 miles south of Ellensburg.
Parts of I-82 were closed for several hours, but reopened just after 9 p.m.
The fire is 80 percent contained, DNR believes it will be 100 percent contained by days end.
Twelve power poles were burned leaving two businesses and a ranch without power. Power crews are working to restore their electricity.
Cell phone towers and television antennas on top of a ridge near the burn went unharmed.
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself