Central Washington University received a new research telescope this morning.
The telescope was funded by CWU’S science department.
It can be found on the roof top area of science building II.
This is the final step in completing the department.
CWU’S astronomy professor said this will allow students to get a hands on experience.
"I will have a handful of students and we'll be up here every clear night and we will be observing what there is to see up in the sky,” said Astronomy professor Cassandra Fallscheer.
The telescope will be ready for use on March 24th when the spring quarter begins.
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer
- Pasco officer donates car seats to vehicle theft victims
- Oregon joins states where roadkill can be harvested for food