Central Washington University received a new research telescope this morning.
The telescope was funded by CWU’S science department.
It can be found on the roof top area of science building II.
This is the final step in completing the department.
CWU’S astronomy professor said this will allow students to get a hands on experience.
"I will have a handful of students and we'll be up here every clear night and we will be observing what there is to see up in the sky,” said Astronomy professor Cassandra Fallscheer.
The telescope will be ready for use on March 24th when the spring quarter begins.
- Airman from Umatilla dies in Syria
- Control your work email to regain control of your life
- Suspects on the loose after home invasion
- Lululemon nosedives 21%: Its spring leggings are boring
- Man in custody following Benton County standoff
- Crews start project to connect people to Columbia Park Trail in South Richland