Steve Laskey of Foxboro, Massachusetts is on an 8,000 mile bicycle trip from Washington State to Maine.
To raise money for Make-A-Wish and touch 48 states.
Laskey is a park ranger and former wrestling coach.
He says he's blessed to be able to hit the road and help raise funds so that kids with life threatening medical conditions have their wishes granted.
While his journey is just getting started, Laskey knows challenges lie ahead.
Your Local ABC caught up with him this morning in Walla Walla where he added, "I'm a week in now and I've fought for over 200 miles through these these beautiful green farm hills. I've learned you have to earn your way up each and every one of them and I've got that behind me. There is a lot of mystery involved. I don't know what I'll be doing today. I know there's gonig to be hard work involved and I'm just going to do the best I can everyday."
Lasky says he plans to ride about 50 miles a day and hopes to complete his cross-country journey in about six months.
You can learn more about his trek by clicking here.
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities
- Tri-City Americans picked 9th, 16th overall in NHL draft
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital