Sunnyside farmer and former state agriculture department director Dan Newhouse announces today he is running for Congress representing Washington's Fourth District.
He says he decided to run after receiving countless calls from friends, neighbors and associates encouraging him to run.
Newhouse is also a former member of the state House of Representatives.
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect
- Medical supply company files for bankruptcy after 70 years of business
- New study of Seattle's $15 minimum wage says it costs jobs
- Alaska Air offers charter flight for solar eclipse viewing
- Avis to manage Waymo's self-driving cars
- RPD looking for help identifying alleged shoplifters