Sunnyside farmer and former state agriculture department director Dan Newhouse announces today he is running for Congress representing Washington's Fourth District.
He says he decided to run after receiving countless calls from friends, neighbors and associates encouraging him to run.
Newhouse is also a former member of the state House of Representatives.
- Lineup ready for Yakima's Apple Jam talent search
- Burning of garbage cause of West Valley fire
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer