Sunnyside farmer and former state agriculture department director Dan Newhouse announces today he is running for Congress representing Washington's Fourth District.
He says he decided to run after receiving countless calls from friends, neighbors and associates encouraging him to run.
Newhouse is also a former member of the state House of Representatives.
- Mexican companies express interest in building border wall
- Teens wearing leggings barred from United flight
- Montana man identified as Las Vegas Strip shooting victim
- Inmate dies at Idaho maximum security prison
- Fire destroys apple packing plant in central Washington
- Discrimination lawsuit filed by former firefighter settled