Thirty-four Delta High School students earned invitations to compete at the State History Day Competition.
The students tell me they've been working non-stop with research ever since presenting their history projects at regionals to make sure they were fully prepared for the state competition.
The regional competetion was on February 22nd at Eastern Washington Wniversity.
Their projects centered on this year's National History Day theme, Rights and Responsibilities.
Projects included documentaries, websites, exhibits, dramatic performances and historical research papers.
The students are excited to move on to the next round.
Students are expanding their research, adding more information to prove their thesis and they'll take that to the state level competition taking place May 3rd at Green River Community College in Auburn, WA.
Winners from the state contest will advance to the national contest in Washington, D.C.
- Police ask for help to locate missing 76-year-old Yakima man
- Oregon Senate approves raising legal tobacco age to 21
- Tri-Cities Craft Beer Festival coming to Kennewick on Apr. 29
- Walla Walla homeless camp to move to Fort Walla Walla park
- Closing arguments to begin Thursday for trial of former Pasco police officer accused of rape
- Utah governor says he will approve strictest DUI limit in US