Thirty-four Delta High School students earned invitations to compete at the State History Day Competition.
The students tell me they've been working non-stop with research ever since presenting their history projects at regionals to make sure they were fully prepared for the state competition.
The regional competetion was on February 22nd at Eastern Washington Wniversity.
Their projects centered on this year's National History Day theme, Rights and Responsibilities.
Projects included documentaries, websites, exhibits, dramatic performances and historical research papers.
The students are excited to move on to the next round.
Students are expanding their research, adding more information to prove their thesis and they'll take that to the state level competition taking place May 3rd at Green River Community College in Auburn, WA.
Winners from the state contest will advance to the national contest in Washington, D.C.
- Whirlpool: Hotpoint fridge owners should check units after London fire
- Police looking for shoplifters
- Demands to Qatar: Close Al Jazeera, reduce Iran ties
- The Latest: Apartment surveillance video shows no intruder in Seattle fatal shooting
- Total solar eclipse casts spotlight on rural Oregon town
- Why North Korea, US don't want all-out war