The US Department of Labor is currently hosting an open house to talk to current and former nuclear employees about the benefits aviliable to them under the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act.
People attending the open house sit down with a representative from the Division of Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation.
Many of the pople waiting to speak to a representative said they have had claims filed for many years and came to the open house to find out the status of their claim.
The open house is happening at the Red Lion Hanford House in Richland and will be going on until 7 p.m.
- Deal In Principle Reached On State Operating Budget
- Global cyberattack: What you need to know
- Massive malware attack: Who's been hit
- State lawmakers pull all-nighter to try to reach budget deal, avert government shutdown
- Elderly woman found dead floating in pool
- Three juveniles crash car after robbing market at gunpoint