The Washington State Department of Ecology is ordering a plan to be developed in two weeks on how to put out a fire that continues to burn underground at the Pasco Sanitary Landfill.
The fire has been burning since November and the state wants the responsible parties to submit a plan and extinguish the fire.
The landfill has been closed for a long time and is a federal superfund site.
The state says there is a list of 32 businesses and government agencies that could be potentially liable for the landfill's cleanup and that all have received the order to develop a plan.
- Sunnyside police officer resigns after domestic violence allegations
- Layton Park vandalism suspect caught on camera
- Deputies investigating Kennewick woman's unknown cause of death
- Pasco Police searching for man involved in active case
- Ford to invest $1.2 billion in Michigan plants
- Amazon buys Souq in big play for Middle East market