Outgoing Congressman Doc Hastings (R-WA 4th) has officially endorsed candidate Dan Newhouse in the race to succeed him.
Hastings says that he believes Newhouse is the right candidate to push forward on the Department of Energy's plan to clean up Hanford.
Hastings added that while Newhouse's opponent Clint Didier has been a friend and supporter he believes that Newhouse is the better candidate of the two.
Didier released a statement this morning stating that he did not expect Hastings' endorsement and that he did not ask for it. You can read that statement here
- New cannabis shop sparks concern in West Richland community
- Benton County deputies seize $1.6 million of marijuana
- 1 dead after semi vs. train collision near I-82
- Patients react to Walla Walla General Hospital closure announcement
- Landscaping product business burglarized by two masked men
- Yakima council will revisit public safety ordinance