A Yakima Police Officer is on paid leave following an officer involved shooting.
It happened close to 9PM last night on the 1000 block of East Viola. Police were originally called out for a domestic violence call between a 51 year old male and his 50 year old girlfriend. When officers arrived, their attention was drawn to a back bedroom where the suspect, Lorry Rabanal, threatened the officers with a gun. He refused to put the weapon down, and an officer fired several shots.
Rabanal was taken to Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital for treatment. A .22 caliber rifle with a scope was found near the man.
The involved officer was placed on administrative leave pending completion of the investigation.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location