A Yakima Police Officer is on paid leave following an officer involved shooting.
It happened close to 9PM last night on the 1000 block of East Viola. Police were originally called out for a domestic violence call between a 51 year old male and his 50 year old girlfriend. When officers arrived, their attention was drawn to a back bedroom where the suspect, Lorry Rabanal, threatened the officers with a gun. He refused to put the weapon down, and an officer fired several shots.
Rabanal was taken to Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital for treatment. A .22 caliber rifle with a scope was found near the man.
The involved officer was placed on administrative leave pending completion of the investigation.
- Lineup ready for Yakima's Apple Jam talent search
- Burning of garbage cause of West Valley fire
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer