A Department of Transportation worker escapes serious harm after being trapped under snow for hours yesterday.
Tom Martinson was clearing snow in a bulldozer near Chinook Pass, when a natural avalanche occurred, burying his bulldozer in snow.
Martinson was able to create a hole in the snow where he could wave his avalanche beacon.
Crews were able to safely remove him from his vehicle after about 5 hours.
"I'm kind of thankful for how everything was altogether there; I had my team with me, all the safety things in place," said Martinson, "We do what we can to minimize our risk, and you go from there."
Martinson says crews will be returning to Chinook Pass soon to dig out the buried bulldozer.
- Search amplifies in forest west of Naches for 20-year-old missing since Friday
- Amazon Prime Day promo starts night of July 10, now 30 hours
- Modi to become first Indian Prime Minister to visit Israel
- Controversial cannabis shop put on hold
- Tri-Cities Community Health CEO sees no benefits in GOP health care plan
- Kennewick Fire warns fireworks could result in $5,000 fine, jail time