Shelton double murder suspect tracked down, kills himself in Oregon motel room. The suspect in a double murder in a Shelton home was tracked down and surrounded by law enforcement at a Motel 6 room in Pendleton, Oregon, where he shot himself and died after nearly a five-hour standoff. The suspect is being identified as 33 year old Jared Abernathy. A Pendleton officer located Abernathy’s car parked behind the Motel 6 in Pendleton just off Interstate 84 at about 1 p.m. Wednesday.
STATEMENT FROM OREGON STATE POLICE - “Trained negotiators were able to establish communication with Abernathy at 3:14 p.m. after several failed attempts. Communications were maintained for almost five hours as Abernathy spoke to family, friends and negotiator(s). The ultimate goal of having Abernathy come out of his motel room peacefully ended at 8:06 p.m. when negotiators heard what sounded like a muffled report from a firearm.”
He was found dead inside the room.
- Airman from Umatilla dies in Syria
- Control your work email to regain control of your life
- Suspects on the loose after home invasion
- Lululemon nosedives 21%: Its spring leggings are boring
- Man in custody following Benton County standoff
- Crews start project to connect people to Columbia Park Trail in South Richland