One Finley teen is given a $1,000 scholarship for text messaging.
17-year-old Cody Hand and several River View High School students entered a Dr. Pepper contest sending text messages to a specific number.
Families also joined in, and the random number chose as the winner was Cody's dad, Don Hand.
His parents said they are excited for Cody to have some extra money to put towad a college tuition and Cody said he still can't believe he won.
"I didn't believe him and then when he got home, he showed us the text and we really won," said Cody. "It was exciting."
Cody said he's applying for other scholarships where he has to write essays and he said it's nice to get one with little work.
- Why North Korea, US don't want all-out war
- Ousted South Korean president's confidante sentenced
- Vulnerable pets earn second chance at life with generous donation
- Lineup ready for Yakima's Apple Jam talent search
- Burning of garbage cause of West Valley fire
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November