One Finley teen is given a $1,000 scholarship for text messaging.
17-year-old Cody Hand and several River View High School students entered a Dr. Pepper contest sending text messages to a specific number.
Families also joined in, and the random number chose as the winner was Cody's dad, Don Hand.
His parents said they are excited for Cody to have some extra money to put towad a college tuition and Cody said he still can't believe he won.
"I didn't believe him and then when he got home, he showed us the text and we really won," said Cody. "It was exciting."
Cody said he's applying for other scholarships where he has to write essays and he said it's nice to get one with little work.
- Controversial Prosser librarian speaks out on immigration at local town hall
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget