The installation of new connections for fire protection and domestic water service and the abandonment of some other connections will result in the overnight closure of a portion of 40th Avenue from Sunday, June 8th through Wednesday, June 11th.
The section of 40th between Lincoln Avenue and Summitview Avenue will be closed from 8:00 pm until 6:30 am each day from June 8th through June 11th while the project is underway to install new drinking water connections to a nearby retirement center. Aging water lines will also be abandoned as part of the project. .
While the project is ongoing, traffic delays in the project areas will occur. Drivers should use alternate routes if possible until the work is completed.
Access to homes and businesses in the project area will be maintained as best as possible and emergency vehicles will be allowed through the project area if necessary.
As always, the schedule for this type of project is subject to change daily dependent on weather, equipment failure, and emergencies.
- Richland fireworks volunteers hoping to give back with proceeds
- Evacuation orders in place for Selah fire
- Police looking to arrest meth possession, delivery suspect
- Crews intensify search for missing Union Gap woman
- Deal in principle reached on Washington state operating budget
- Global cyberattack: What you need to know