The installation of new connections for fire protection and domestic water service and the abandonment of some other connections will result in the overnight closure of a portion of 40th Avenue from Sunday, June 8th through Wednesday, June 11th.
The section of 40th between Lincoln Avenue and Summitview Avenue will be closed from 8:00 pm until 6:30 am each day from June 8th through June 11th while the project is underway to install new drinking water connections to a nearby retirement center. Aging water lines will also be abandoned as part of the project. .
While the project is ongoing, traffic delays in the project areas will occur. Drivers should use alternate routes if possible until the work is completed.
Access to homes and businesses in the project area will be maintained as best as possible and emergency vehicles will be allowed through the project area if necessary.
As always, the schedule for this type of project is subject to change daily dependent on weather, equipment failure, and emergencies.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome