Law enforcement will begin emphasized DUI patrols starting tonight.
It's called "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over.
The campaign will not only help raise awareness against DUI's, but also help compile statistics and information as to how effective enforcement is.
Law enforcement will not only be on the lookout for people driving under the influence of alcohol, but also marijuana.
In addition to emphasizing DUI patrols, officers will also be on the lookout for standard traffic violations as well, including speeding.
"We want people to make the right choices, the troops are out there working hard to make sure people are buckled up, driving safely, and making the proper decisions," said Sgt. Greg Tri.
The campaign will last through the end of the month.
- Swedish hostage released after 6 years
- New non-profit Service Peace Warriors trains service dogs for veterans
- Local business owner helping maintain Yakima's landmark sign
- Residents lose everything in apartment fire over the weekend
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River