ELLENSBURG, Wash. - A 26-year-old Ellensburg man is in jail on suspicion of stealing half a dozen firearms and other items from local homes.
Officers responded to the Nites Inn Motel at the 1200 block of South Ruby Street around 10 a.m. Wednesday morning after hotel staff called with concerns of a possible drug overdose.
After trying to communicate with the suspect, police were met with no response and entered through a window.
Once officers were inside the hotel room, the man swallowed more unknown narcotics and became aggressive. He was taken into custody and transporting him to Kittitas Valley Healthcare for evaluation.
Detectives discovered a shotgun near the doorway during the incident. After obtaining a search warrant for the hotel, they found several more guns under the suspect’s bed and items that included stolen lap tops and drug paraphernalia.
Authorities believe the man was responsible for at least two recent burglaries in the area.
He was arrested on an outstanding felony warrant related to drug possession and charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm and possession of stolen property.
The man’s identity has not yet been released.
- Kennewick installs outdoor fitness center at local park
- Humane society still hoping to get guinea pigs adopted
- Tri-Cities Cancer Center awared for their "Be A Man" video
- Authorities seek to arrest suspected child molester
- Woman with 42 cats in car might have known they were sick
- Seattle mayor adds diet pop to proposed soda tax