The co-owner and operator of Walla Walla's oldest running ski and snowboard shop, Dustin "Dusty" Maland died Tuesday at the age of 74.
Dusty was an avid skier and a volunteer firefighter for Walla Walla County Fire District 4.
Over the year's, Dusty's Ski and Snowboard Shop grew from a single store in Walla Walla to a very small empire of stores in Seattle, Kennewick and Dayton before going back to a single store on East Isaacs Avenue in Walla Walla.
Dusty also had the opportunity to own the ski rental shop at Spout Springs Ski Resort in the Blue Mountains where he was also a member of the volunteer National Ski Patrol.
- Walla Walla University aviation program celebrates 50 years
- Walla Walla homeless camp relocating
- Seattle Beer Week featuring its first Yakima Valley beer
- ‘Beauty and the Beast' on its final week at Davis High
- Yakima community fears wearing specific colors after recent homicide
- Central Washington University grad to compete in Miss USA competition