The co-owner and operator of Walla Walla's oldest running ski and snowboard shop, Dustin "Dusty" Maland died Tuesday at the age of 74.
Dusty was an avid skier and a volunteer firefighter for Walla Walla County Fire District 4.
Over the year's, Dusty's Ski and Snowboard Shop grew from a single store in Walla Walla to a very small empire of stores in Seattle, Kennewick and Dayton before going back to a single store on East Isaacs Avenue in Walla Walla.
Dusty also had the opportunity to own the ski rental shop at Spout Springs Ski Resort in the Blue Mountains where he was also a member of the volunteer National Ski Patrol.
- Spicer: The President did not want me to go
- Eight former CBO directors defend the agency amid Republican criticism
- Kennewick becomes first place in Washington to carry breakthrough vision technology
- Local shop offers free henna tattoo crowns for cancer patients
- Carey Motors hosting donation drive for teen cooking program
- Capital budget delay could affect East Valley school project