Eastern Oregon Correctional Institution (EOCI) transitioned from lockdown to normal operations today. Visiting will return to regular operations tomorrow. The decision to return to normal operations was based on the continued appropriate behavior of the general institution population.
EOCI was placed on lockdown May 26 following multiple inmate fights on the recreation yard. An ongoing investigation is being conducted to determine the cause of the incident.
EOCI is a medium security prison located in Pendleton that houses approximately 1,700 men in custody. It provides a range of correctional services and programs, including education, treatment, mental health, and work opportunities. The buildings that make up EOCI were constructed in 1912 and 1913 and were originally used as a state mental hospital. After two years of renovation, EOCI received its first inmates in June 1985.
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget
- 3 young children, 2 adults injured in wrong way collision on I-82
- Portland police detain people in downtown protest