Eastern Oregon Correctional Institution (EOCI) in Pendleton is slowly returning to normal operations. Regular visiting will resume tomorrow.
EOCI was placed on lockdown May 26, and again on May 30, following multiple inmate fights. An ongoing investigation is being conducted to determine the cause of the incident.
EOCI is a medium security prison located in Pendleton that houses approximately 1,700 men in custody. It provides a range of correctional services and programs, including education, treatment, mental health, and work opportunities.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome