Eastern Oregon Correctional Institution (EOCI) in Pendleton is slowly returning to normal operations. Regular visiting will resume tomorrow.
EOCI was placed on lockdown May 26, and again on May 30, following multiple inmate fights. An ongoing investigation is being conducted to determine the cause of the incident.
EOCI is a medium security prison located in Pendleton that houses approximately 1,700 men in custody. It provides a range of correctional services and programs, including education, treatment, mental health, and work opportunities.
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself
- West Richland residents hold petition signing against new cannabis shop
- West Richland man is sentenced to 11 years in federal prision for receipt of child pornography