Eastern Oregon Correctional Institution (EOCI) transitioned from lockdown to normal operations today. Visiting will resume on Wednesday, September 3.
EOCI was placed on lockdown following an inmate assault and subsequent shooting on August 29. An ongoing investigation is being conducted by Oregon State Police and Umatilla County District Attorney's Office.
EOCI is a medium-security prison located in Pendleton that houses approximately 1,600 men in custody. It provides a range of correctional services and programs, including education, treatment, mental health, and work opportunities.
- Home Builders Association warns flood victims of scams and provides tips
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park