Eastern Oregon Correctional Institution (EOCI) transitioned from lockdown to normal operations today. Visiting will resume on Wednesday, September 3.
EOCI was placed on lockdown following an inmate assault and subsequent shooting on August 29. An ongoing investigation is being conducted by Oregon State Police and Umatilla County District Attorney's Office.
EOCI is a medium-security prison located in Pendleton that houses approximately 1,600 men in custody. It provides a range of correctional services and programs, including education, treatment, mental health, and work opportunities.
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified
- Credit card skimmers on the rise in grocery stores
- Veterans benefiting from free community acupuncture
- Wildfires in central Washington cover more than 6,000 acres