PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- The State Board of Higher Education has named Jay Kenton the interim president of Eastern Oregon University.
Kenton recently announced his retirement as vice chancellor of finance and administration for the Oregon University System.
He succeeds Robert Davies, who was hired last month to lead Murray State University in Kentucky.
Also Friday, the board gave university system Chancellor Melody Rose the go-ahead to start the search for a permanent president.
Kenton started his career at the La Grande campus in 1983.
He says boosting enrollment at the financially challenged university will be one of his main areas of focus.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds