Voters in the Richland school District will consider a bond issue in February that calls for upgrades to Fran Rish stadium.
The $99 million bond calls for replacement of the home side bleachers, restrooms and locker rooms. Artificial turf replacing the grass field. The track will be resurfaced as well.
Superintendent Rick Schulte says the grass field can only host 10 varsity football games per year.
Other projects included in the bond issue is replacement of Tapteal Elementary school. Replacement of Badger Mountain Elementary School. Two new elementary schools and auditorium improvements at Richland High.
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer
- Pasco officer donates car seats to vehicle theft victims
- Oregon joins states where roadkill can be harvested for food