Voters in the Richland school District will consider a bond issue in February that calls for upgrades to Fran Rish stadium.
The $99 million bond calls for replacement of the home side bleachers, restrooms and locker rooms. Artificial turf replacing the grass field. The track will be resurfaced as well.
Superintendent Rick Schulte says the grass field can only host 10 varsity football games per year.
Other projects included in the bond issue is replacement of Tapteal Elementary school. Replacement of Badger Mountain Elementary School. Two new elementary schools and auditorium improvements at Richland High.
- Airman from Umatilla dies in Syria
- Control your work email to regain control of your life
- Suspects on the loose after home invasion
- Lululemon nosedives 21%: Its spring leggings are boring
- Man in custody following Benton County standoff
- Crews start project to connect people to Columbia Park Trail in South Richland