Gov. Jay Inslee wants to fix K-12 education with a plan to spend $3.9 billion plan to, hire more teachers, to cut class size, and boost pay to keep teachers in their classrooms.
He says the plan would comply with the McCleary decision. A June 30 deadline is set for the state to adopt a full funding plan.
Inslee wants to hire 3,400 more teachers for the 2017-18 school year.
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer
- Pasco officer donates car seats to vehicle theft victims
- Oregon joins states where roadkill can be harvested for food