Gov. Jay Inslee wants to fix K-12 education with a plan to spend $3.9 billion plan to, hire more teachers, to cut class size, and boost pay to keep teachers in their classrooms.
He says the plan would comply with the McCleary decision. A June 30 deadline is set for the state to adopt a full funding plan.
Inslee wants to hire 3,400 more teachers for the 2017-18 school year.
- Airman from Umatilla dies in Syria
- Control your work email to regain control of your life
- Suspects on the loose after home invasion
- Lululemon nosedives 21%: Its spring leggings are boring
- Man in custody following Benton County standoff
- Crews start project to connect people to Columbia Park Trail in South Richland